6.18.2011

Nail Sponging with Color Club Poptastic


Happy Saturday! My day has been full of rain and storms....I was hoping for a pool day. :( I guess this gives me an excuse to blog though. Lately I have been very uninspired and if you like me on Facebook you know that some of my ideas have been huge fails. I guess that's why I don't have a lot to show you recently. haha 
I am still in Tennessee trying to get better from mono (it's been almost 6 weeks people!!) so my nail polish stash I brought has been worn out I think. I needed to get some more options  and managed to get out and find Color Club's Poptastic collection at Ross.

I used Twiggie for the base of my sponging. Obviously this shot is before clean up. That said I had a hard time with this polish because it's on the thick side. Pretty color though!




This is my first time doing sponging all on my own...I had Dustin do it in the past. haha So I'm not sure how I feel about the end result. Although I did get comments on my nails everywhere I went today...guess that means something?! :P


Looking back, I think I would have chosen a different color combo for this. The polishes I used for sponging (all Color Club) : Poptastic, Pucci-licious, and Chelsea Girl.



I think I am going to experiment some more with this tonight! <3
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors you used! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors together! Great job on this, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like the colour combo you used for sponging. They are bright and beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? I am in love with this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So <3 the color combination.. i need to make new nail art using sponge technic..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pictures of the nails.........
    graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty!!! i should try this today for my post ha ha ha!

    http://www.nailsbykatevergara.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your comments all make my day! You also made me more confident in my color choice! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's first time?! It is gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com